An inground pool is a great addition to any backyard, providing a fun and relaxing space for family and friends to enjoy during the warmer months. However, over time, the pool may begin to look tired or outdated, and may be in need of a makeover to restore its beauty and functionality. Here are our options for upgrading our inground pool:
- Resurface the pool: Over time, the surface of an inground pool can become stained, faded, or damaged, detracting from its appearance and even affecting its function. Resurfacing the pool can give it a fresh new look while also repairing any damage. This involves removing the old surface material and replacing it with a new layer of plaster, tiles, or other materials. This can be a labor-intensive process, but the end result can be stunning.
- Upgrade the pool deck: The area surrounding the pool is just as important as the pool itself when it comes to the overall look and functionality of the space. Consider upgrading the pool deck by adding new tiles, concrete, or other materials, or expanding the deck to provide more space for lounging, dining, or entertaining.
- Install new pool features: Adding new features to the pool can enhance its functionality and aesthetics. Consider adding a water feature, such as a waterfall or fountain, or installing new lighting to create a stunning nighttime ambiance. A new pool cover can also be a practical and stylish addition, helping to keep the pool clean and reducing maintenance needs.
- Add landscaping: Landscaping around the pool can help to create a cohesive and inviting outdoor space. Consider adding plants, trees, or shrubs around the perimeter of the pool, or installing a garden or rock feature. This can provide visual interest and help to soften the overall look of the space.
- Update pool equipment: Upgrading the pool equipment can improve the function and efficiency of the pool, while also reducing maintenance needs. Consider installing a new pool heater, pump, or filter, or adding a saltwater system to reduce the need for harsh chemicals.
- Refresh pool furniture: The furniture around the pool can also contribute to the overall look and comfort of the space. Consider updating the lounge chairs, tables, and umbrellas to create a fresh new look that complements the pool and surrounding landscape.
Overall, giving an inground pool a makeover can be a big project, but the end result can be a stunning and functional outdoor space that you and your family will enjoy for years to come. Working with a professional pool contractor can help to ensure that the project is completed to the highest standards, with minimal disruption to your daily routine. Click here to learn more